WENDY TAYLOR, MSW
I am a social worker and not a qualified nurse. I address alternatives for people avoiding hospitalization by offering information on how to get a licensed home care order from your physician. You must have a qualifying change of status.
If you don’t qualify for home care, I suggest checking with Home Health Care Inc., a private nurse organization. In order to qualify for a Licensed Home Care order from your physician, you will need to show a Change In Status.
Change In Status examples include:
- a fall that requires a safety evaluation from a licensed Home Health Care physical therapist
- a medication reaction that creates a major change in baseline status
- a significant change in your medical condition
- problems addressing areas such as high or low blood sugar, high or low blood pressure, any other major medical changes that require you to be homebound and receiving treatment from a licensed Home Care provider
- nursing and physical therapy would prevent you from needing a hospitalization